Salta gli elementi di navigazione
logo ridotto
ST-UMANISTICI Scuola di Studi Umanistici e della Formazione

Incoming students

Incoming student


The International Relations Office promotes student exchanges within the Erasmus Programme. It provides
information and assistance to all students participating in these study abroad programs. A substantial part of this
activity is devoted to the orientation and support of foreign students, to whom the following sections are addressed.


Before coming to the School of Humanities and Education

                                           -  Application procedure
                   -   Enrolment Procedure


During the mobility

  Change and Extension


Before leaving

Prior to departure









Visa and Residence Permit for non -EU citizen


If you are a non-EU citizen and wish to study in Italy for more than 90 days, you will need a Visa to enter Italy. 

If you stay for less than 90 days, find out from the Embassy (or Consulate) if you require a Visa. You must apply for the Visa from the Italian Embassy in your country of residence, providing the letter of acceptance from the University of Florence. Important: you must apply for a Visa for study purposes.

You must apply well in advance for the Visa, as the visa issuing procedure can take several months.

Important: when you apply for the Visa, have your medical insurance stamped by the Embassy, otherwise you will not be able to use it to apply for the Residence Permit.

If your exchange lasts for more than 90 days, when you arrive in Italy you must apply for a Residence Permit. This is a compulsory procedure for all non-EU citizens wishing to stay in Italy for more than 90 days.

ultimo aggiornamento: 26-Lug-2017
Unifi Home Page

Inizio pagina