Protect yourself and others. Wear a mask, wash hands often, stay 2mt from others.
Steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
If you are sick with COVID-19 or think you might have COVID-19, follow the steps below to care for yourself and to help protect other people in your home and community.
Stay home and call the doctor
If you do not have a family doctor, you should communicate immediately to the ASL calling the number 800 556060
In case of severe breathing difficulties call the emergency numbers 112 or 118 notify the operator that you are seeking care for someone who has or may have COVID-19.
Separate yourself from other people
As much as possible, stay in a specific room and away from other people in your home.
Tell your contacts that they may have been exposed to COVID-19. By letting your close contacts know they may have been exposed to COVID-19, you are helping to protect everyone.
If you test positive,
- follow closely the instruction that you will be given by the ASL and the doctors.
- inform immediately the University by writing an email to segnalazioniCovidPos@unifi.it
- Asymptomatic person: 10 days + negative test (molecular)
- Symptomatic person: 10 days, the last 3 days with no symptoms + negative test (molecular)
- Long-term positive cases: individuals that have not had symptoms for at least one week but still test positive may interrupt their isolation period after 21 days.
If you have been in close contact with
a person who has symptoms of COVID-19 or has had a positive test result,
- inform the ASL Toscana Centro (Firenze, Prato, Pistoia, Empoli):
055 5454777 The service is available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- attend lectures online for 14 days and 14 days self-isolation.
Stay safe, stay healthy!