COVID-19: information and updates
The new Italian Government Decree from 5 August 2021 modifies restrictions in order to help contain the spread of COVID infections throughout Italy.
From September 1, all school staff of the Italian national education and university system, as well as university students, must possess and are required to exhibit the COVID-19 green certification (Green Pass)
The following rules continue to be valid at the School of Humanities and Education:
- temperature measurement at the entrance of the Schools buildings;
- mandatory use of medical masks in all closed spaces;
- interpersonal distance of at least one meter;
- frequent use of the hand sanitizing gel;
- maintenance of social distancing in classrooms and library.
Steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
If you are sick with COVID-19 or think you might have COVID-19, follow the steps below to care for yourself and to help protect other people in your home and community:
- stay home and call the doctor. If you do not have a family doctor, you should communicate immediately to the ASL by calling the number 800 556060;
- in case of severe breathing difficulties call the emergency numbers 112 or 118 notify the operator that you are seeking care for someone who has or may have COVID-19;
- separate yourself from other people. As much as possible, stay in a specific room and away from other people in your home;
- tell your contacts that they may have been exposed to COVID-19. By letting your close contacts know they may have been exposed to COVID-19, you are helping to protect everyone.
If you test positive:
- follow closely the instruction that you will be given by the ASL and the doctors.
- inform immediately the University by writing an email to segnalazioniCovidPos(AT)unifi.it using the form
If you have been in close contact with a person who has symptoms of COVID-19 or has had a positive test result:
- inform the ASL Toscana Centro (Firenze, Prato, Pistoia, Empoli):
055 5454777 The service is available from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m;
- stay home
Stay safe, stay healthy!